Craft Workshop Sunday 3rd October 2021: Needle felting portraits of pets, animals, and people (beginners and improvers)
Spend a day learning the craft of needle-felting or improving your existing needle felt skills while creating a 2D portrait of a pet, animal, or person.
You will be working from a photo to learn how to:
* choose a suitable background material to needle felt your portrait onto
* select a suitable photo or picture to work from to give you a great portrait result
* transfer the photo (or picture) onto your felting background
* select the colour and texture fibres which will represent your portrait
* colour blending of fibres to get accurate colours which create depth and tone, rather than flat
* use highlights and shadows to make your portrait appear 3D
* build up your portrait to add real 3D elements to introduce dimension
* create fur which looks realistic
* add final details (and to know when you're done!)
* present your portrait in a variety of ways, including mounting and framing
Maximum Workshop: 4 People
Time: arrive for 10am start - finish 4pm
Venue: Craft Workshops, Grassroots Garden Centre (separate studio within the grounds), Stalbridge Road, Henstridge BA8 0SA
As the workshop numbers are very small, this workshop is suitable for complete beginners to improvers as I can offer as much individual help as is needed during the workshop.
This class is suitable for adults or accompanied teens (a responsible adult will need to either attend or to be present in the workshop). If you are not sure if this workshop is suitable for your teen please ask any questions before booking - always happy to help and advise.
You will need:
* A photo or picture to work from (please make sure you have permission to use the photo for art if you didn't take the original image - I can show you where to find images with permission to use them if you need help with this)
* Your lunch. And snacks if you'd like them.
Included is your tuition, felting fibres, and like-minded crafting company as well as the use of felting needles and other tools.
You will have opportunity to join an online Craft Workshops group where we offer support, advice, and general cheerleading of your crafting endeavours, whatever your level of experience.
Hot and cold drinks will be provided throughout the day. Please bring your lunch and snacks.