Craft Workshop Friday 18th June 2021: Silver clay workshop new techniques for improvers
If you have been on an Introduction to Silver Art Clay (or another beginner level workshop day) and wish to learn new techniques to add to your silver art clay jewellery making skills, you may like to join us for this informative, relaxed workshop.
Maximum Workshop: 4 People
Time: arrive for 9.30am start - finish 4.30pm
Venue: Craft Workshops, Grassroots Garden Centre (separate studio within the grounds), Stalbridge Road, Henstridge BA8 0SA
New techniques include:
- Using art clay syringe to embellish and to create handmade bezels.
- Setting and firing of cubic zirconia stones.
- Using art clay silver paste type to add textures, paint over a core eg leaf to create a fine silver replica, and to join silver findings or pieces of art clay together.
- Making a core from cork clay to make a hollow object.
- Making moulds from silicone.
- Finishing techniques and patinas.
- There will be demonstrations of techniques which you can incorporate into at least two pieces of jewellery to take home.
Cork clay and silicone mould compound are available to make hollow objects and moulds, as is everything else you will need to design, create, and finish your pieces of silver jewellery including simple findings.
Please note this is not suitable for complete beginners. Please contact me for advice before booking if you are unsure of its suitability for you.
If you have a design in mind, I will be very happy to help you before the course to make sure you have a suitable design, the right amount of silver art clay, and appropriate findings to finish your pieces of jewellery.
A small selection of jewellery finding (eg jump-rings, earring wires, and cords for pendants) will also be included so you can take home fully finished pieces - you may want to change these at home for different findings which are more suited to your finished jewellery as the findings supplied are simply to allow you to wear your jewellery pieces straight away.
You may wish to bring a craft apron and/or to wear clothes suitable for craft activities.
Hot and cold drinks are available throughout the session. Please bring lunch, snacks and any other refreshments which you would like. Please bring your own travel mug or similar if possible.
Want to buy for a special occasion and would like help making the day even more special? Can't see a suitable date? Please contact me - always happy to help!